- don't rock your baby to sleep as they'll become dependant on you;
- don't offer a dummy as it acts as a sleep crutch and will prevent self settling;
- don't breastfeed your baby to sleep as he/she will only ever be able to go to sleep this way;
- don't take a baby to bed with you as you may roll on top of the baby and suffocate it;
- don't leave a baby to cry as it will have long term negative effects on it's emotional development;
- don't go to your baby when it cries straight away as he/she will learn that you'll always come running;
- a baby should not need to be fed more than X number of times in a day or before every 2/3/4 etc hours.
Remember, you're not being marked on this assignment. It's ok to do things in order to get through the tough times. When you are less tired then you can confront any issues and make changes. Until then, just do what you have to do that is right for you and your baby.