|Pregnant with Layla - 34 weeks|
- Have a hair cut, colour, waxing, facial, manicure/pedicure, massage and any other beauty treatment you usually indulge in;
- Make time to see your friends for a quick catch up;
- Stock the freezer with a few emergency meals;
- Speak to your friends to work out who can and will cook you a meal in an emergency (actually forget the emergency. just cook for you!);
- Buy a new pair of running/walking shoes. This will be great motivation to get you out of the house and walking;
- Finish organising the baby's room, your hospital bag and a bag for the baby with stuff you'll need to bring him/her home;
- Spend some quality time with your partner. Go for dinner, movies, a walk. Make special time;
- Buy any gifts and cards for up coming birthdays in advance to save on worrying about these things;
- Attend a breastfeeding class at the hospital, with a lactation consultant or the Australian Breastfeeding Association;
- Have some nice photos taken of you with a very pregnant belly. It won't take long before you forget how you looked. Even if you are huge, swollen, tired and generally not looking your best, you will treasure these photos in years to come;
- Try to have an afternoon nap EVERYDAY. You never know if you'll go into labour in the middle of the night or have a long labour. Make sure you are well rested.
|Me pregnant at 38 weeks with my sisters Jacqui (centre) and Michelle (right)|
What other things would you recommend? Leave me a comment to help expectant Mums.